Unlocked after sleep

igel
igel
Community Member

When I close the lid of my MacBook with 1Password unlocked, and open it again hours later, the selected entry is still completely visible! This happens since the last update.

Also new is that the titles of all other entries are visible as well. It is my understanding that those aren't encrypted, anyway, but it didn't use to be the case, and isn't when I manually lock.

I have all the auto-lock preferences checked.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @igel,

Thanks for contacting us with your concern about the auto-lock setting.

I took a look at the code behind this, and suspect that its possible the machine isn't actually going to sleep.

Can I get you to:

1. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
    2. Copy & Paste pmset -g assertions
    3. Press the return key to run the command
    4. Copy the text and paste it here

Rudy

• igel
    igel
    Community Member

I checked the console log, the system was asleep. The behavior is also consistent, and if the computer never slept even an Air's battery would be out by now.

After wake the 1Password window looks the same as before sleep: fully unlocked. I can unhide all password of the current entry. But clicking another entry just draws the 1Password logo in the right pane, and going back the previous entry is now invisible as well. So it is partially locked.

• ciranor
    ciranor
    Community Member

I've noticed exactly the same thing happening on my iMac since the last update - it's happened a few times now, and was still open this morning at the last entry I was looking at last night, and if I try clicking to other entries, I get the 1Password logo in the right pane. In my case, I don't sleep my iMac, but the machine does go to screensaver after a few minutes. Note I haven't changed any of my sleep/power settings in my IMac, but I did update to 10.11.4 at about the same time as I updated 1Password, in case that's relevant.

2016-04-09 11:33:56 +0100
    Assertion status system-wide:
    BackgroundTask 0
    ApplePushServiceTask 0
    UserIsActive 1
    PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
    PreventSystemSleep 0
    ExternalMedia 0
    PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
    NetworkClientActive 0
    Listed by owning process:
    pid 7032(AddressBookSourceSync): [0x000355440001050c] 00:00:53 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Address Book Source Sync"
    Timeout will fire in 1746 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
    pid 102(hidd): [0x000352bd000904c9] 00:11:40 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle"
    Timeout will fire in 314 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
    Kernel Assertions: 0x8=BT-HID
    id=502 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard
    id=505 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=01/01/1970, 01:00 description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=BNBMouseDevice
    Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

• Hi @ciranor,

It looks like your system isn't actually going idle, and is being prevented by a process called "AddressBookSourceSync". Do you happen to have iCloud sync setup for your contacts in System Preferences.app -> iCloud?

Rudy

• ciranor
    ciranor
    Community Member

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, I do have iCloud Contacts syncing enabled.

• Hi @cianor,

No worries, I was able to do more testing and found cases where 1Password wasn't locking if the screen sleep setting in the Energy Saver System Preference Pane was set to a value lower than the 1Password idle lock time.

Can you check if this is the case?
    System Preferences.app -> Energy Saver -> Turn Display Off After

versus.

1Password -> Preferences -> Security -> Lock after computer is idle for x minutes

Rudy

• igel
    igel
    Community Member

For me both are set to 5min.

I sync contacts with a non-iCloud server, but don't have the power assertion.

• Hi @igel,

Can you see if it successfully locks if you set the 1Password lock after idle setting to 3 minutes?

Not a solution, but just confirming that screen sleep is putting the system into a mode that we're not detecting.

Thanks!

Rudy

• igel
    igel
    Community Member

I set it to 4 minutes and haven't had the issue in a while. However I never wait for the screen to sleep on its own, I just close the lid.

• Hi @igel,

Thanks for letting us know. Its still on my list to improve the sleep lock behavior, as its currently not up to our standards. I will certainly test closing the lid to ensure it behaves as one would expect.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.