Still no 1password for Families for Android, or browser integrations for Windows browseer

Options
Shaq2k
Shaq2k
Community Member

When can we expect this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Shaq2k,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Android does actually have Families support:

(Android) Quick Start: 1Password Families and Teams

Unfortunately I don't know when we'll have compatible browser extensions for Windows, but they are at the top of the priority list.

Ben

• Shaq2k
    Shaq2k
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, and thank you for your answer.
    I see now that there is Android support for families..ish.
    What I don't understand is why I have to make a vault first with a completely new password (I can use the same password as for families of course, but still), and THEN add the families vault.
    Not very intuitive.

And how do I use it? Will there pop up some kind of browser extension each time I try to log into a web page? Or do I need to start the URL from within 1Password.

I have never used 1Password before. Maybe I should try the ordinary full version first to see what the fuzz is all about.

• peri
    Options

Hi @Shaq2k.

What I don't understand is why I have to make a vault first with a completely new password (I can use the same password as for families of course, but still), and THEN add the families vault.
    Not very intuitive.

I agree that it would be more intuitive to be able to just have Families accounts without having to first create a local Primary vault. This is something we have planned for a future update.

And how do I use it? Will there pop up some kind of browser extension each time I try to log into a web page? Or do I need to start the URL from within 1Password.

Due to the limitations of mobile browsers, the 1Password browser extension won't work on mobile platforms like it does on desktop platforms. Instead, you'll need to manually save Logins. And for automatic filling on Android, we have a custom keyboard and accessibility service.

Are you just using 1Password on Android and Windows, or do you have Mac and/or iOS devices as well?

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

Just to provide feedback, I just signed up for Families and the web browser & OS X setup was fantastic! Unfortunately the Android experience wasn't quite so slick due to the dummy vault I had to create (as shaq2k pointed out). I'm very much looking forward to the future update where that primary vault will be skipped as I'm a little nervous about trying to walk family members over the phone to disable that primary vault when showing all and set their personal vault in our Family account to where accounts are saved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm very much looking forward to the future update where that primary vault will be skipped as I'm a little nervous about trying to walk family members over the phone to disable that primary vault when showing all and set their personal vault in our Family account to where accounts are saved.

@brettcannon: Agreed! it's important to us to have a bit of a transitional phase here since not everyone is using 1Password Families, but we're looking forward to making it easier for folks to go "Families-only" in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.