New site has enhanced login page and does not recognize filled in values to login

Options

Happens on both Mac and iOS. Website has new enhanced login page and I choose to populate and it does but the login button is not available to select. Only after I manually retype username or password does the login button become available. Verified both are valid in 1password.

The site URL - www.prudential.com

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:prudential

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @waynemel,

You're right, the site is doing this. What I observed was you don't even need to retype your entire username or password, literally one character is all that is required, in fact even typing the letter a at the end of your password and deleting it is enough to fire the event that enables the button.

I haven't delved into the guts of the site but it seems very likely that what they're doing is on one of the events related to a keypress they check to see if there is something stored in both the username and password field. If there is they enabled the button and if there isn't they disable it.

I'm not sure what a great answer here is both in terms of a workaround that will help you now and what we could do for the longer term. As I say, what I found was with my test Login item (which I always set to Never submit anyway), typing any single character and then deleting it was sufficient to force the site to recognise the text in both fields and I believe that would allow you to log in. I suspect it's slightly less hassle than typing out your entire username or password and has the added benefit that the keyboard cursor is already in the password field at the end of the password. Still, it isn't elegant even considering it's a workaround.

ref: OPX-1160

This discussion has been closed.