security flaw?

Options
telUK
telUK
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Android

Hi

I was on my android tablet and was logging into a website I use, to do this I opened up the 1p keyboard and held down the key lock icon expecting to have to enter my 1p master password.
To my surprise it went straight into the screen that says something about browser does not support auto filling so I then selected my login from the selection and manually filled my password for said website.

Anyway the point is when I went to the 1p app it was still locked and always does lock when I close the app or sleep my tablet.

But why was my logins still available within the 1p keyboard shortcut. (key lock icon on 1p keyboard)

Did my browser cache the data or something.

If it did surely thats a security risk?

I solved this by clearing my chrome browsers history/data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @telUK. The 1Password keyboard should adhere to your security settings, so if your vault was unlocked when it should have been locked, then that's strange indeed. Has this happened more than once (i.e. is it reproducible)?

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri

Diagnostic report sent but I forgot to add the link to here!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@telUK: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: DEE-69767-415

This discussion has been closed.