Existing account to family account - Not all passwords transferred. HELP

Options
asiefke
asiefke
Community Member

Not all my passwords transferred over. I have a little over 200, and there is only about 120 in 1password families. I am not sure what to do now.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/categories, ug:mac/new-computer-teams-families, ug:mac/new-computer-dropbox, ug:mac/add-items-to-a-vault, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• asiefke
    asiefke
    Community Member
    Options

I can access all my passwords on 3.8.22, but not on 5.3.2 or 6.2 - and not in families. Also, I do not have any folders. I use tags only.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asiefke: If I understand you correctly, it sounds lie you've got 3 different versions of 1Password on your Mac. Is that the case? If so, that may explain the "missing" data: you probably have a different vault setup in one or more of the apps for some reason. It sounds like you simply need to open the vault you're using in 1Password 3 (Preferences > General) in 1Password 6, so that you can transfer it to your 1Password Families vault(s).

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• asiefke
    asiefke
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using 1password 3 for a long time. I only switched to 1Password 6 when I attempted to migrate over to 1password Families. It is then that nearly half the passwords disappeared. I use the agilekeychain in dropbox, so I do not know how to have more than one vault. I have opened password 3 and followed the "Migrate to a Family or Team account" directions just as I did the first time. Unfortunately, in 1password 3, the "Item" option is not on the menu bar. Suggestions?

• asiefke
    asiefke
    Community Member
    Options

Forget the previous note. Somehow, in 1 password 3, most all of the passwords are now gone. I noticed in 1password 6, that I have double, triple, and quadruple of my passwords. If there anyway to get rid of the extras, and figure out which password is the most recent (correct) one. Currently, I have no way to know which passwords I have lost. I am now regretful that I have attempted to do this.

• Jacob
    Options

@asiefke Magical reappearance is always nice, but it shouldn't have been that radical. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report as brenty mentioned above? It's best to see what's happening on your end before we provide advice about how to resolve things.

This discussion has been closed.