My PC logins are not displayed in the web browser.

kmiller12
kmiller12
Community Member

I save my logins in 3 separate vaults in 1Password6 on my Mac and have set up a family group. I ave backed up and synced with dropbox but when a family member accesses via the browser they see no logins.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-dropbox, ug:mac/1password-mini, kb-search:duplicate logins, kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hi @kmiller12 ,

I'm sorry you are having sync issues. I just want to clarify something. You said you set up a family group. Do you mean you set up a 1Password for Families account? And when a family member accesses via the web browser, do you mean they are logging in with their 1Password for Families account?

The reason I ask is that you mentioned you also sync with Dropbox. 1Password for Families syncs with AgileBits's servers and not with Dropbox. So I want to determine if your logins are stored in an older vault still syncing via Dropbox, and not a shared 1Password for Families vault that your family members are logging in with (if indeed they are).

Thanks,
    Kevin

• kmiller12
    kmiller12
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I did set up a 1Password for Families account and, being new to it, did not fully understand that I had to share the log-ins that I wanted my family to see. I have resolved it now, thank you. Perhaps a reference to this fact in your set-up instructions may help other idiots like me :)

Keith

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kmiller12,

Just to ensure we fully understand, during the learning process did you ever come across the following page?

Migrate to a Family or Team account

What I want to ensure we fully understand is if you feel this page needs to be clearer, if you didn't realise it talked about moving items at all or if during the period you never came across it. All are important and of course each means something quite different for us to think about.

I'm glad we could help though. The learning curve with software can sometimes be a bit steep no matter how much thought goes into it which is why sources like these forums are so important :smile:

• kmiller12
    kmiller12
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes, I used that link to set up my Family account. Before sharing, I set up several other vaults for members of my family. The view that you display in the section "import data into your new account dies not show any other vaults. The fact that you had highlighted the item>share>personal tab did not make it clear that, to view items in a web browser, it is necessary to copy them to the Shared folder. I was trying to transfer to the Personal folder but nothing appeared on the web

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kmiller12,

Thanks so much for clarifying! I’ll pass your feedback along to our documentation team. :)

This discussion has been closed.