Browser Extension for Families

Options
jamooka
jamooka
Community Member

Hello, I am a lastpass user, checking out 1Password as an alternative. One thing that lastpass does well is its browser extension. I signed up for a 1Password family account for the syncing without dropbox features and I think it is a better value for me. However I am not sure how to get the browser extension to work with my Family account.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import-lastpass, kb:import, kb:teams-families-setup, kb:browser-extension

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jamooka,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unfortunately at the moment we do not have Families compatible browser extensions for Windows. That is something we're working to deliver, but at the moment only OS X has compatible browser extensions.

Our 1Password for Windows 10 beta app does have a built-in web browser which it can fill into. That may be of interest to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• jamooka
    jamooka
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a timeline on when that may be coming out? Thanks so much for the quick response!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks so much for the quick response!

You're most welcome.

Is there a timeline on when that may be coming out?

Unfortunately I don't have a timeline I can share. All I can say is that it is one of our top priorities, but is something that will take significant development and testing effort. We're likely talking months, not weeks.

Sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for, but I hope the Windows 10 beta app will help in the mean time.

Ben

• mr_niftie
    mr_niftie
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, it's been a while now: Is it working yet?
    I just spend the last day migrating everyone in my family to 1Password for Family from their standalone accounts and believe that the browser extension to automate and populate data is still not working for this.
    Please elaborate.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

For me filling works for quite some time with the version 6 betas.

However, this beta does still not feel mature enough to migrate my family from LastPass to 1Password for Families.

I'm an early adopter and still paying to keep the benefits, but I'm not using them yet :(

• @mr_niftie Thanks for checking in. We added better support for the extension early last month, and filling is now supported for Login items. We're still working on the ability to save a Login from your browser though.

• kfletch22
    kfletch22
    Community Member
    Options

I have been trying to find the extension for firefox but I cannot seem to figure this out. When I upgraded to the Families version, one of the instructions was to uninstall the extension that I had as it would not work with families.

After seeing your comment, I went back in and tried to download the extension here - https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    All I get is a popup that says "Download could not be completed due to a connection failure". This has been happening for a while.

Is there another extension download I need for families? This is the one issue that drives me crazy in that I have to minimize firefox, open the app and find my login each time.

• @kfletch22 Sorry for the confusion. What instructions were you reading? You shouldn't need to delete the extension unless it was for 1Password 3, which doesn't support accounts. The latest version of the extension, 4.5.9, works great with 1Password Families. :)

I'm sorry you weren't able to download the extension from that page. Could you try getting it directly from here? https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/ext/1Password-4.5.9.xpi

That's the Firefox link specifically. Let us know how it goes.

• kfletch22
    kfletch22
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob, Yes I realized that Firefox was blocking it for some reason. I downloaded the extension for Firefox using chrome and then went into my downloads folder and opened it with Firefox. Works fine now. Thanks for your reply.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kfletch22

Well, that sounds like a weird situation but it sounds like you got it all figured out! On behalf of Jacob, you're very welcome. I hope that everything keeps up working well for you from now on, but if there's anything we can do for you, you know where to find us :chuffed:

• SandyWilliams03
    SandyWilliams03
    Community Member
    Options

So do I understand correctly that the 1password Browser Extension for Chrome should be working now? I updated to the latest version of Families and installed the extension to Chrome, but when I click on it, I get the error message "Looking for the 1password helper. The 1password helper must be running for the extension to work properly."

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SandyWilliams03

I'm sorry to hear that you bumped into some trouble with the 1Password extension, but together we'll get to the bottom of this! What OS are you using 1Password in? Have you installed the full app on your computer? Do you have any other extensions that might be interfering? Specially the ones related to security and add blocking might cause some trouble.

I hope to hear back from you with these answers so we can get the extension working :chuffed:

• SandyWilliams03
    SandyWilliams03
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,
    I'm running Windows and have the 1password beta app installed. I do have several Chrome extensions (evernote, pinterest, Norton (which says 1password 4.5.9.90 is allowed, some FB ones, and the 1password extension). I'm running Norton, and it says 1password has access.

• @SandyWilliams03 Thanks for the update. Could you try disabling Norton temporarily and let us know if the extension starts working then?

• SandyWilliams03
    SandyWilliams03
    Community Member
    Options

I turned it off and no luck. I get the same error message.

• @SandyWilliams03 At this point I'd like to get some reports to get a better idea of what the issue is. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your PC?

Send a diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• SandyWilliams03
    SandyWilliams03
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! Figured it out. I couldn't find the Export Diagnostic Report option using either of the Windows methods on the link you included. So I started playing around some more. It turns out I have two 1passwords installed on my computer (even though I swear I uninstalled the old version). When I opened 1password, it defaulted to the wrong version. So now I've worked through logging into the right version and it asked me if I wanted the helper to be the default extension thingy (or something like that). I said yes and it's working. Hurray! Thanks so much for your help!

• That's very good to hear! :) I'm glad everything worked out. If you have any other questions we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.