Credentials not filling in correctly

Options

I've noticed recently that credentials do not always fill in correctly. This happens when the UID & PW field are present on the page as well as when you have to click a "log in" link to expose them. This happens across a number of sites.

Today I tried to log into https://www.mybenefitshome.com/home/ by selecting the item from the 1Password browser plugin. The page loaded and I clicked the Log In link. Normally I have to again click on the item in the 1PW browser plugin to populate my login credentials. However, today the site doesn't show at the top of the plugin list. I tried searching for it and it took me to the URL again. It seems like the login overlay must be a different URL, but this worked fine until today.

Any ideas what is happening and why?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @PensFan87. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. First, the situation with open and fill that you describe is a common one when the login fields are not displayed when the page loads. That being said, I just tested this out and here's what I found:

First, I saved a new Login for this site like this. Then I opened a new tab, clicked the 1Password button in the toolbar, searched for the login, and pressed return. The site opened. After it loaded, I clicked the "Login" link and it showed me the login form already populated with my dummy username and password. If resolving the other issue (see below) doesn't get this working, please try creating a new copy of your Login and see if it works better for you.

Second, the issue you described where the Login doesn't display in the list is one we're trying to understand. We have seen a few reports of this. What has helped in other situations is to edit the item and make a trivial change to the URL such as adding a single character to the end, saving, and then editing again to remove that character. Could you give that a try and let us know if it helps?

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• PensFan87
    PensFan87
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Jamie. I followed your instructions and both solutions worked. Interestingly, after I completed the second solution and I tried to log in using that login item, the PW field was populated when the page loaded, but not the UID. When I clicked on the item in the 1PW browser extension, it populated both UID & PW and submitted the form to login.

Even more interesting is that both the new & old login items in my vault were set to automatically submit, but only the old one worked.

More bugs?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is strange that autosubmit worked for the old login and not the new one. One thing that can cause this is if you're using Google Chrome, sometimes the focus stays in the URL bar at the top of the window. 1Password can't steal that focus, so it skips the submit process. If you navigate to the login page for this site manually, click into the page (Anywhere inside the page; it doesn't have to be the login form.) to give the page focus, and then use your login, does it submit then?

This discussion has been closed.