What's the difference between the primary, personal and shared vaults in one password for teams

Hi! I have the one password for teams beta and I'm trying to figure out the difference between primary, personal, and shared vaults. Is primary the default vault where every new login I add automatically goes? And then I choose whether that login is also in personal and shared vaults? Or are they all three distinct vaults? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared primary teams

Comments

• Hi @dasardine! Sorry for the confusion on those. The Primary vault is one that just exists on your computer. It's from the 1Password app before you added your Teams account. You can remove it by following my post in this thread if you'd like to simplify things a bit. The Personal vault is one that's just available to you. I have my AgileBits email and forum credentials in mine, as well as a few other things. The Shared vault is available to everyone on the team, so you can put a company Facebook login in here if you'd like, or a credit card that everyone is allowed to use. I hope that helps inspire some stuff. :)

• dasardine
    dasardine
    Community Member

Thanks! Is there a way to sync the team vaults to my phone app as well, or do I need to keep the Primary vault on my computer so my phone can sync to that?

• @dasardine Of course. When you sign in to your 1Password account on your other devices, your data will be available immediately. No need to use the Primary vault at all. :)

This discussion has been closed.