'On logging in error msg: 'email unavailable?

wimgroenier
wimgroenier
Community Member

On trying to register I get the message: email unknown! Whereas I used this email on connecting your service.
The email I use to register now is a different one! That one is not known to you at all! But I succeeded anyway??
ow come that my preferred address is 'unknown', hence unusable?
Thanks for your help,
Kind regards,
Wim

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search: 'On logging in error msg: 'this email address is unavailable?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @wimgroenier,

I apologise but I'm not sure I fully understand.

When you say you are trying to register are you talking about our forums, signing up for a team or family account or are you possibly talking about having purchased a licence for 1Password where you would also have supplied certain details.

All three are very distinct. The forums for example, even though they are run by us are not connected to the other servers at all and are optional. So if you wanted to join us in the forums it would require signing up even if you've purchased 1Password from us.

In a similar way purchasing a licence and signing up for a team or families account are very separate from other. So if you purchased a licence you don't automatically have an account in terms of 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families.

Once we better understand where you were trying to register we will hopefully be able to understand and explain why you saw that message.

• wimgroenier
    wimgroenier
    Community Member

It's been years, since I've registered, so I don't recall :-(
    But it's always been the same way for me: when I didn't use it anymore to log in, or anything else, 1PW locked and that was adjustable. Now I set all possibilities like before, but 1PW doesn't lock anymore!! I don't call this 'secure', as you will understand!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Wim ( @wimgroenier ),

I’m sorry, but I’m still a bit unclear on what is happening here. To unlock 1Password (the app) you should need only your Master Password, no email address.

• Are you logging into a new 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families account in a web browser?
    • Are you logging into the 1Password support forums?

Now I set all possibilities like before, but 1PW doesn't lock anymore!!

Are you referring to the Security Preferences in 1Password?

• wimgroenier
    wimgroenier
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    I don't have a problem login in to 1PW, the only thing is that despite off all the right preferences, it stasis open all the time. That means anyone that approches my computer could use all my passwords et all, without my Mater Password to unlock!!
    Yes, I referred to Sec. Prefs AND the prefs in 1PW!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wimgroenier,

My apologies for misunderstanding. Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.