Wi-Fi Sync Client/Server

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request: SpiderOak Sync.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff, How difficult is it to make 1Password both a server and a client? Currently if I carry both an 1Pad and an iPhone, they can't sync to each other and I will have to either:

1. Take a laptop with me,
    2. Use a cloud sync service or
    3. Don't sync till I get back to where my PC is.

I am also unaware of the possibility of syncing 1Password between 2 Macs and/or 2 PCs. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

It would require a complete re-engineering of Wi-Fi sync, which is not something we're looking to take on right now. Wi-Fi sync is considered an advanced feature, and isn't an approach we'd recommend often. It can be great in some niche situations and that is why it still exists, but I can't think of a situation where I'd recommend it to a new 1Password user.

Wi-Fi sync can sync one computer with one or more mobile devices. It cannot sync multiple computers or multiple mobile devices with each other.

I'm sorry that probably isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that answers your questions. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. I suspected it but I thought I would ask anyway. Few would want to carry a full fledged Mac/Windows OS with them anymore...

I've got 3kg laptops at home.

• Ben
    Options

Personally I only ever carry an iPad anymore. Which is why having a 1Password account (well, a few of them actually) is so great. I don't need to have any other hardware with me in order to have up to date 1Password data.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.