Documents now have their own history?

Options
sdrel
sdrel
Community Member

Noticed this is a new feature in the latest release. Was expecting it to work like the 'show previously used passwords' message but not seeing any reference to previous Documents. How does this feature work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @sdrel! Documents do have a history like other items, but it's only available in 1Password.com at the moment. If you look at a Document item that has been replaced with a new version there, you'll see a View item history button, which will let you view and restore previous versions if you'd like to. Here's what that interface looks like:

Hope that helps. :)

• sdrel
    sdrel
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I found the View item history but when I View a prior occurrence the document is empty! Any ideas?

• Jacob
    Options

@sdrel It seems you've found an issue here. Restoring a previous version works despite it asking you to upload a new file. So if you choose to view a specific version, then click Restore, that version will be restored, including the file itself. However, there's no way to preview the file you're restoring, which is a bit of a problem. Thanks for pointing that out. :) I'll forward it to our developers so we can improve it.

ref: B5-1426

This discussion has been closed.