cannot log onto Agilebits.com because key is invalid

ajlepel
ajlepel
Community Member

I am attempting to log onto Agilebits.com. When I try to do so I get an error msg that says my Account Key is invalid. It is my assumption that my License Key is the same as my Account Key. As per the instruction I tried to find my Emergency Kit, but I do not find one. In fact I do not recall ever seeing one. It would help you to know that I experienced tremendous difficulty initially installing 1Password 6 on my Macbook Pro. Ultimately I had to keep trying earlier and earlier versions until I was able to get version 4.4.3 to install. Version 4.4.3 works beautifully and I very much enjoy how wonderfully this application is functioning. I would heartedly endorse your product. The fact that I cannot log onto Agilebits.com may be a mute point since I can and do have access to 1Password 4 and it functions beautifully. What does concern me is that once my trial period is over my License Key may not be recognized as valid. I would not like to have to pay for another license. I did purchase my application from Agilebits directly and not the Apple Store or anywhere else. Big question is why does my License key not work? Are the License Key and the Account Key not the same? And whatever happened to the Emergency Kit I was suppose to receive? I've searched everywhere, including my Trash, and it is nowhere to be found. Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:emergency-kit, kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin, kb:account-key, kb:emergency-kit, kb-search:cannot log onto agilebits

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ajlepel: Sorry for the confusion! A license key and an Account Key are definitely not the same thing. if you purchased a license previously (it looks like that's the case), it can be used to register the appropriate version of the app.

The Account Key, however, is used for logging into 1Password Families (or Teams). If you haven't signed up and setup an account there, you won't have an Account Key, a login page, or an Emergency Kit.

Back to the license issue, as mentioned on the website, 1Password 6 "Requires OS X Yosemite or higher". 1Password 4 is the newest version supported on Mavericks.

Finally, while 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information, the good news is that all you need to do is follow the instructions in the license email you received from your purchase and click the link to automatically install the license in 1Password to register the app and remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email.

I hope this helps. be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• ajlepel
    ajlepel
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty for your very timely response. I see now that I have no reason to join 1Password for Families, since I am a single user. I also read some forum responses regarding the location of the Emergency Kit and I now understand why I could not locate one.

I believe that I have successfully registered my License Key to my 1Password 4 (version 4.4.3)

I want to take a moment to thank you and your team of supporters. I find the support that I am receiving is outstanding. I am loving 1Password for its ease of use and security it affords me with all of my websites.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I do apologize for the initial confusion, but I'm glad I was able to help clarify things for you.

And thank you so much for your kind words and your support! We simply couldn't do what we do without you and the rest of our awesome customers. Don't be a stranger: we're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.