can i upgrade from my version 4 to 6 at no cost?

peggyf
peggyf
Community Member

and if there is a cost, how much?
does it transition easily to new version?
I also have the iphone app which I believe I had to pay for way back when. Is it free with version 6?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can i upgrade from my version 4 to 6 at no cost?

Comments

• peggyf
    peggyf
    Community Member

didn't see this to add: iphone 6, version 8.4
    macbook air 2014, OS X 10.9.5 (13F1603)
    1Password 4
    Version 4.4.3 (443000)
    Agile Web Store

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@peggyf yes, the upgrade from 1P4 to 1P6 is free (provided you have a 1P4 licence—because the upgrade from 1P3 to 1P4, if you ever used 1P3, was not free). Just ensure you download the AgileBits store version as that's the version you're already using.

1Password should find all your existing data when you upgrade, so there should be no problem with the upgrade. Probably the easiest way to upgrade is to go to 1P > Check for Updates...

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@peggyf: Indeed. Unfortunately we don't have any records matching either your name or email. Did you perhaps use different information at the time of purchase?

Alternatively, you may have purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store. In that case, we won't have any record of it, as it is owned and operated by Apple. But you can download it again from the App Store at any time since it is tied to your Apple ID. Just go to your purchase history and search for it.

If you're still having trouble finding it, please check your records, as you'll have an email receipt regardless of where it was purchased. It should also include transaction details that may help track it down.

And then email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com so we can get you taken care of. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• peggyf
    peggyf
    Community Member

I purchased version 3 in 2013 and must have upgraded at some point to version 4. My current version 4 says there are no updates.
    I purchased it (from Agilebits store) when our emails ended in .net, we are now a .org, otherwise my email is the same.

When I requested my license info it sent me a reply with the license key and a link for 1pass 6. So it sounds like I press that and I'm good to go?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@peggyf: Ah, thanks for following up. Indeed, 1Password 6 is a free upgrade for 1Password 4 and 5 licenses, so you're all set there!

However, OS X Mavericks cannot run 1Password 6, only 1Password 4. But you'll be offered updates to 1Password 6 after you've upgraded to El Capitan. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.