Migrating to Families

Options
kgustin
kgustin
Community Member

I purchased the 1password Mac and Windows Bundle (Family License) back in 2014. What does the new Families plan offer over what I currently have? Is there a way to add my existing license to the Families account?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX and Windows
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@kgustin Here is a quick cut and paste from the 1Password Families site.

With 1Password Families, you get…

Protection for the whole family
    Five people can join in and have individual accounts on your single subscription. They don't even have to belong to the same household.

1Password on the go
    Sign in to your account, view and edit your items, and manage your family from any web browser.

Award-winning 1Password apps
    Your subscription includes the latest, full versions of the 1Password apps for Mac, iOS, and Android at no extra charge — Windows coming soon.

Always up-to-date
    You will always get the latest versions of 1Password and all new features as soon as they come out. Never pay for upgrades again.

Secure documents
    Your family gets 1 GB of encrypted storage for documents, which you can share and access securely from anywhere.

Seamless sync
    All your data appears instantly on all your devices with no work on your part whatsoever. There is no sync service to set up.

Item history backup
    Go back in time up to one full year and recover passwords which you or your family members have deleted or changed.

Watchtower service
    Receive around-the-clock alerts whenever there are security breaches for the services and sites that your family uses.

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

Here is also a comparison.

Find the 1Password that's right for you

You can't transfer the license you have now, but you also don't have to sign up for 1Password Familes. It's a new service that has a lot to offer, but isn't for everyone. I think you can try it for 30 days if you want. So maybe give that a shot.

• kgustin
    kgustin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks- that answers my questions nicely.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @kgustin. Glad to hear @Scuba629 was able to help.

Ben

• slamboogie88
    slamboogie88
    Community Member
    Options

I originally purchased the stand alone 1Password for both my mac and iphone, ipad since you guys first launched back in the days...Yupe, I am one of your early adopters :)

I also upgraded to the family plan this year when it was first offered to me.

My question is...

since I use to sync my 1Password via Dropbox before upgrading to family plan.

Do I still need to sync my family 1Password accts for all of the devices or I no longer need to do that and it is automatically synced via 1Password cloud since I have the family plan?

This is really unclear and I can not find any specific detail instruction on this "seamless sync" benefit that you've feature on the family plan page.

Please advice and give me specific direction how to sync seamlessly with my family plan for all of my family devices without using Dropbox or any other 3rd party service besides your 1Password cloud service.

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@slamboogie88: I've already replied to your duplicate post here. Please let me know if you have any further questions — but hopefully just in one place! ;)

This discussion has been closed.