Family Plan - separate or not

Options
sperry1975
sperry1975
Community Member

If I signup my family under a family plan do we each keep our individual logins yet remain under the family umbrella or are all our accounts mirged into one? Is there a discount for the family plan if the individuals in a family already have individual licenses?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sperry1975

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

Each account (each person) within the family account will get their own Personal vault, and by default will also get access to the family's Shared vault. Additional shared vaults can be created, and the organizer for the family can dole out access to those as they see fit. For example, many families may opt to have a "parents" vault that only Mom & Dad have access to.

There is not a discount for having previously purchased a 1Password license, but instead we are currently running an early adopter special. This gives folks who have already been using 1Password and want to transition some additional goodies, including 2 months extra free, and up to 7 family members included in the base price. If you're interested in that you'll want to move fast, as you must create your account and set up your subscription prior to April 14th to take advantage:

AgileBits Blog | Introducing 1Password for Families

I hope that helps!

Ben

• sperry1975
    sperry1975
    Community Member
    Options

I need to determine what kind of account I already have set up, but can't find the location on your site where I can sign in to determine that. Could you please help me locate that? Also my present account includes, I think, iOS, OS X, and Windows. Will those platform also fall under the family plan (iOS and OS X being most important)?

• Ben
    Options

@sperry1975

If you've just purchased a license for the apps then you don't have an account at all. That does appear to be the case. I see you have a 1Password for Mac+Windows Family license (this is a legacy license that is still perfectly valid, but no longer sold).

1Password for Families includes all of our compatible apps. That does include Mac, iOS, and we have a beta for Windows 10. We do not yet have a Windows application that supports browser extensions for Families, but that is coming.

Thanks!

Ben

• sperry1975
    sperry1975
    Community Member
    Options

So I have the Family license but not the family pack? What's the advantage to transferring to the family pack and how do I do it?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

@sperry1975,

A "family license" is a legacy term for a license that we used to sell which allowed up to 5 family members living under the same roof to use our standalone 1Password apps on their devices of the purchased platform (Mac, Windows, or both). We no longer sell 1Password in this manner. This is what you currently have.

What this forum here is for is our new 1Password for Families subscription service. A subscription includes access to all of our compatible apps (outlined above) as well as storage of all of your encrypted data. By storing your data on our service things like having access to your data on all of your devices becomes much easier (simply install the app and sign into your account -- no mucking about with sync settings). The service was built on feedback from our customers that syncing and sharing needed to be easier. As such we've also made sharing with your family members an integral part of the 1Password for Families service.

If you'd like to give 1Password for Families a try, you can do so at the link above. Information on transferring your existing data into 1Password for Families can be found here:

(Mac) Migrate to a Family or Team account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

P.S. We don't have anything termed "family pack." Just (legacy) "family licenses" and the new "1Password for Families" subscription service.

• sperry1975
    sperry1975
    Community Member
    Options

Did the legacy family pack I had include indefinite upgrades?

• Jacob
    Options

@sperry1975 We've never actually had indefinite upgrades. 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade from 1Password 3 (you had a 1Password 4 license), and then 5 and 6 have been free. We haven't announced what we're going to do in the future.

This discussion has been closed.