CCV won't update

lloydstein
lloydstein
Community Member

Hey, when I got a new credit card I inputted all the new information which auto-fills perfectly...except for the CCV number. For some reason it keeps inputting my old CCV number. I edited the card and deleted any reference to my old card, but it didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: kb-search:CCV number won't update, kb-search:CCV number

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lloydstein,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! That is an odd error. Just to rule it out, can you please confirm that you hit ‘Save’ on the edited entry and didn’t leave it in ‘Edit’ mode? If the item is left in Edit mode, it will still fill correctly, but using the last-saved information.

• lloydstein
    lloydstein
    Community Member

Yes, positive. It is NOT in edit mode.

• Hi @lloydstein ,

I'm not certain how it could even enter the old number after you've saved the new one. The only thing that comes to mind is if your credit card is also stored in Safari's autofill. Is there a yellow background when the old CCV number is filled? If so, it sounds like Safari is set to autofill your credit card. You can turn that off in Safari's preferences under Autofill.

If the background isn't yellow, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• lloydstein
    lloydstein
    Community Member

It's not a Safari thing, because I've used it with Safari and Chrome and Firefox and it does the same thing. Really frustrating.

• Hi @lloydstein ,

The only other thing I can think of is that you may have another copy of the credit card item and it's filling that but you edited another one. If that doesn't sound right, I'd like to get some Diagnostic information from you:

First, go to the site and fill the credit card (you don't need to submit it). If it filled the old CCV, go to 1Password and select that credit card. Verify that it shows the new CCV there, and there isn't another field with the old one. Edit it, and make a change to the notes field (anything, as long as there is a change) and click Save.

Then, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also, include the date/time of the above test. That will help us find it in the report.

We will not be able to see the actual credit card data (diagnostic reports do not contain your item data) but we will be able to see any errors when filling and saving items.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• lloydstein
    lloydstein
    Community Member

Sending right now, thanks.

[#ZGP-61221-398]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lloydstein,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: ZGP-61221-398

This discussion has been closed.