1Password 6.2 Upgrade Failed

JayDeePurdie
JayDeePurdie
Community Member

Hi ... I received an update notice on my MacBook (OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.4) and executed the update. After, when I tried to launch 1Password, I receive the message "“1Password.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password.app” and download it again from the App Store.". When I try to delete the app by dragging it to the Trash, it just bounces back and wouldn't delete. I tried to download the app from the App Store, but I would need to buy it again since I bought my original version directly from you folks. And ... REAL IMPORTANT ... I need to get access to my passwords! Also note that I am not a highly literate computer person, especially with the Apple environment. What do I do? HELP PLEASE! I am desperate ... need my passwords to do my work. Thanks in advance ... Jay-Dee Purdie

1Password Version: 1Password 6.2
Extension Version: ?????
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: NONE

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @JayDeePurdie,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue.

Basically if you bought it from the AgileBits store you should only download it from there. There is no need to purchase or download it from the Apple App store.

You can go here to download it https://agilebits.com/downloads

If you are trying to drag it to the trash, from a applications folder that is in your Dock, it will sometimes not work. I recommend you open your Applications folder, locate 1Password and drag it to the trash.

After that you can download it from the link above and install it into the Applications folder.

Hope this helps.

• JayDeePurdie
    JayDeePurdie
    Community Member

Hi and thanks for the quick response. Your ideas worked and I am up and running again. I made one change and in future, will use the Apple App Store version - that is where I currently get most of my apps/updates from - just one less thing for me to write down, lose where I wrote it down and then get frustrated. Anyway ... sincere thanks ... I'd give you a hug of thanks if you were here. With appreciation ... Jay-Dee

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JayDeePurdie,

I’m so glad to see that Nathan was able to get you all sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.