I am getting "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" only after updates

gerardrj
gerardrj
Community Member

I am getting "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" only after an update of the app from the Mac App store. I relaunch and it works fine until the next update. So it's not a big problem, just an annoyance after each update. I'm running the Mac App store version on El Capitan. Running all the latest versions.

Was wondering if others are seeing this. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.2.1 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I am getting "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" only after updates

Comments

• Hi @gerardrj,

Yup, this is one of the downsides of the way the Mac App Store deals with already running apps. Unfortunately the way it relaunches the Application as part of the install process leaves 1Password in an awkward split state. We're always looking to improve how this works, so hopefully we'll be able to fix this behavior in the future. In the mean time I'd certainly recommend quitting 1Password before you do the update and then manually start it back up again after the update. Its annoying, but saves a little time by not having the failed to connect alert show up on screen.

Rudy

• gerardrj
    gerardrj
    Community Member

Thanks for the info Rudy. Appreciate the help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gerardrj,

I’m glad to see that Rudy was able to answer your question! If there’s anything else you’d like to know about 1Password, we’re here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.