What item types support webpage filling?

Options
hpekristiansen
hpekristiansen
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

The documentation of item types seems very limited. I am especially interested i the 'server' type, as I manage multiple servers. Many of these servers has web administration pages and I would like to use 1Password to autofill username and password on these pages in the internet browser. Is that possible with the server item type?
The 'login' item type has the submit: Submit when enabled setting. Is that setting pressent in other types? Can I add it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Right now, only Login, Credit Card, and Identity items are available for filling in browsers, and only Login items can be submitted automatically so they are the only ones with this Submit setting.

• hpekristiansen
    hpekristiansen
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ok - thank you. After creating an item -changing its name, icon and fields, how do I recognise what type it is?
    Are there some place, where I can lookup what the different types support? (I am trying to avoid creating all my devices as wrong types). Right now it seems that the login type is bedst for almost everything I need - servers, printers, web-account,...

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

A Login should be used for things that you need to fill in the browser on particular web pages. If there is an item particular to a use, it's generally a good idea to use it. Server is a good example. For printers, we don't have a dedicated hardware template, so you'll need to use Secure Notes for this. I recently described how to create an item to use as a template for repeated item types for things like this, so perhaps that will be helpful if you have very many printers or other hardware to add.

This discussion has been closed.