Trash Maintenance Feature Request

RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member

I've been cleaning up my passwords, little by little, moving things to my Family vaults and off the vault sync'd with Dropbox. In the process, I'm also finding ancient password entries for places that no longer exist. Etc. Just 1Password Software Licenses, I have six entries that are "current" (though not all for the current release), but for some reason five in the Trash. (Maybe as an item is moved from the Dropbox vault to a Family vault, it is also put into the Dropbox vault's "Trash"?)

Anyway, one way or another, I am finding that I currently have 938 entries in my Trash.

My choices appear to be
1. Ignore them.
2. Delete them all.

I would like a third choice. I would like to be able to sort them by "date deleted". And then, I would like to be able to select a range of entries and then "Delete Selected".

My thinking is that I probably have a bunch of things that are quite old and crufty that I know have not been a problem, since they've been in the Trash, and thus unused, for a long time. At the same time, I have some things I wound up putting there last night, as I updated their passwords and "promoted" them to a Family vault.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox / Family
Referrer: forum-search:trash maintenance

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RonHeiby,

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it along to our developers! :)

As an alternative, I tend to avoid the Trash in 1Password altogether. Unless I’m deleting a generated password that I know I don’t need, all old items go into an Archive vault (with a note if the account is closed or simply outdated, because I like to be precise.) That vault is not synced to any other devices, but I can pull an item out and dust it off if I need to, or I can do a review every 6 months or so and properly delete the items that I clearly don’t need.

I hope that this helps!

This discussion has been closed.