Migrating to Families Using a To-Triage Vault

Options
RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member

As I typed another question, I was describing how I was migrating to Families, and continuing to use my 1Password vault sync'd via Dropbox not only for a couple of things I want to keep there, but also as a kind of "to triage" holding place. I have been keeping entries there until I had gone through and updated passwords, made sure that they were pointing at the right login URLs, for things that were still in business, etc. Basically, getting started on the right foot with dividing things among Family vaults with entries that, as of this Spring, are in good shape.

I realized that there's no reason for me to continue to keep this bunch of the older stuff in my Primary (Dropbox) vault. Instead, I just created a "To-Triage" Family Vault and moved them all there, leaving just the few entries that I want to continue to sync via Dropbox in that Primary vault.

And, I noticed that they all wound up copied to my Primary vault's Trash, which ties in with my other question, a feature request for slightly better maintenance of the Trash.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox / Family
Referrer: forum-search:trash maintenance

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @RonHeiby! I responded to you in the other thread as well, so I thought I'd pop in here. :) That behavior is normal for moving things across vaults. It's a bit strange, I'll admit, but it's a safety measure in case something happens to those items during transit. And if you move your whole vault over, it's nice to have that backup just in case.

This discussion has been closed.