I upgraded from 5.x to 6.x and now my license is missing

kgale
kgale
Community Member

I was apparently running an old version of 1Password and was prompted to upgrade by the app. During the upgrade process a notice was presented saying there were two versions present and the resolution instructions said to move the one marked "do not use" to the trash then empty the trash. I did that and allowed the upgrade to complete (or re-ran it. I honestly can't remember because there were multiple dialog boxes on screen.) Once done, I was left with a "Trial Expired" and unlicensed version. I've been using 1Password for quite a while and am nearly certain I purchased directly from Agilebits directly but I cannot find a receipt (yet). Is there some way to recover the license on my Mac?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:missing license

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kgale,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password! I took a look in our back office records, but I was unable to find any license information attached to the email address that you have in your forum profile. Please send an email in to support+licenses@agilebits.com with your full name, and the email address that you used to purchase 1Password. We’ll be happy to help track this license down for you. :)

• kgale
    kgale
    Community Member

Thank you! I will do that.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kgale,

Happy to help. :)

• kgale
    kgale
    Community Member

Just to close this out -- Support resolved this for me quite quickly. I was unaware that the license file needed to be re-applied when changing major versions because OSX requires it. Agilebits Support sent me an email with the link to download and apply my license file with one click. Great product, great support. Thanks, all!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kgale,

It shouldn't do but thankfully the resolution isn't too bad. I'm glad hear we managed to hep get things up and running again promptly :smile:

This discussion has been closed.