I purchased a 2nd license for 1Password mistakenly trying to buy family version. Need to change it

Options
mikeaok
mikeaok
Community Member

Yesterday I tried to buy family 1Password. I bought (I think and individual version). How can I change it to the family version?

I thought I was buying a family license for one year....(instead of picking $5 per month) I pick $64.99. Instead I ordered a single license. I already have a single license and want the family....

Can this be converted to a family license?

Here is what I bought:

1Password 6 for Mac
Single License
Name: Michael Studdard
Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
License: Click here to Apply Your 1Password License
Notes:

Your 1Password 6 license entitles you to use 1Password 4 and 5 as well which use the same license file as 1Password 6.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.4
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: kb:money-back-guarantee

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikeaok,

I think you'll be happy to hear that there is an easy solution for your problem! Given that you bought 1Password less than a month ago, you can get a refund for your license, you can see how to get it here: https://agilebits.com/home/money_back_guarantee.

I hope this helps you, and that you enjoy 1Password Families! :chuffed:

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@mikeaok It would be much easier to write in and ask for a refund of the $64.99. I believe the e-mail is support+refunds@agilebits.com.

I would also follow the sign up page for 1Password for Families listed below.

1Password for Families

• mikeaok
    mikeaok
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I will try to do that. When I go to sign up for the family plan...it asks for my Account Key....I can't find it in my 1Password account. Which is why I thought I was signing up for the wrong thing.

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@mikeaok You won't have an account key till you complete the account creation process. If you visit the link I mentioned above that should get you started.

• mikeaok
    mikeaok
    Community Member
    Options

I still don't know how to sign up for the family account. I don't have an Account Key for my current 1Password account...so I can't sign in with my 1Password account. When I go to create a new account, it asks me to create a new master password. I don't want to lose my existing 1Password information.....am I missing something?

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@mikeaok I guess I don't understand. If you use the below link it shouldn't ask you anything about an account key.

1Password for Families

You will have to fill out a Family Name and Your E-mail then click Continue. I believe it then asks you for a URL and should e-mail you a link to create your account. This is when your account key is generated.

• mikeaok
    mikeaok
    Community Member
    Options

I did that but I don't want to create a new account. Why do I have to create another master password?

• mikeaok
    mikeaok
    Community Member
    Options

I am totally lost. I have a family account that doesn't recognize my account.

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@mikeaok You currently have a single license after paying the $64.99. Per both @Pilar and my suggestion you should write in to request a refund.

You also said you wanted 1Password for Families instead of the single license. To get things started you must create a new account.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikeaok,

I can perfectly understand your confusion, and your fear to lose your current data, so I'll try to clarify things for you! For 1Password Families you need to create a new account. If you already use 1Password you should use the same master password. 1Password and 1Password Families can "coexist", so you won't be losing any information. The main difference lies in where your data is stored and how it's shared between devices. Right now everything is stored in your computer, with Families it will be stored on a server. That's why you need to create a new account. When you sign into 1Password after setting up your Family account you'll still be able to see everything you had before. You can then move all your passwords to your brand new Family account.
    You can read the details about this here: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/mac.html

I hope this makes things easier for you! :chuffed:

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

ahhhhhhhh I missed the title. This is your second license! I see the issue! Yes yes listen to what @Pilar suggests. Sorry about that!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikeaok ,

I hope that Pilar has helped to clear things up for you. It can get a bit confusing when we’re talking about app licenses vs. subscriptions for your 1Password account.

If you still have questions, we’re here for you!

Hi @Scuba629,

Thanks so much for trying to help out here - you rock. :)

This discussion has been closed.