I currently have a 1Pass subscription purchased thru the Apple app. store. How can I add my wife ?

brucek52
brucek52
Community Member

I have an 1Pass account purchased thru the Apple app. store which I use on a Mac, iPhone, and iPad. What is the simplest way to add an account for my wife? I relied to take advantage of your promotion but it does not seem to be set up for those who purchased thru Apple.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brucek52,

I apologize for the confusion here. There are currently two ways to purchase 1Password: as standalone apps, or as a subscription (using 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families). If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you’ve purchased the app and do not have a 1Password account.

This doesn’t mean your wife can’t take advantage of 1Password though! Apple has Family Sharing available. If you and your wife share an Apple ID, or are set up with Family Sharing, she can download 1Password from the App Store on her Mac.

However, if you would like to switch over to 1Password Families, I’d be happy to help you with that! You can create an account on our website:

1Password Families

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Whether you would like to continue using 1Password as a standalone app and share vaults with your wife, or take advantage of the new 1Password accounts, I’d be happy to walk you through the process of getting set up.

This discussion has been closed.