Moving PW from reg acct to Family

RRTBennettJr
RRTBennettJr
Community Member

I have been at it for 4 hours and have read help and cannot figure out how to move my existing 1PW contents. I have read guide and still cant figure it out

1Password Version: 6.2 Family
Extension Version: firefox chrome
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/new-computer-teams-families, ug:mac/teams-families-setup, kb:teams-faq-existing-user, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RRTBennettJr ,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re feeling frustrated! I’d be happy to help you out. Could you tell me a little bit more about where you are at in the setup process right now?

For example, I see that you took a peek at our Migrate to a Family or Team account article. At which point did things stop making sense?

• RRTBennettJr
    RRTBennettJr
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

It was unclear to me whether I should be making the migration of existing profiles from my existing 1PW Account or from the Family Account. I worked through that and MOVED (wish I had just copied) my accounts from the existing account to the family account. I had around 319 old accounts that ended up as around 250 migrated accounts. If I go into to 1PWMini, it seems all accounts are there. Any thoughts on correcting the matter. I use dropbox as my backup.

• Hi @RRTBennettJr ,

If they are all showing up in 1Password mini, then they are all there and move was successful. 1Password mini is the "owner" of your data, so if it shows it as correct, then it's correct.

In your case, it seems the main application just needs to catch up with communicating this. If you quit and restart the main 1Password application, it should match what is shown in 1Password mini. If not, please let us know and we should be able to help you out.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.