Considering Family Account, but need Windows abilities. [time sensitive, offer expires tomorrow]

Options
SJMvideo
SJMvideo
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for a while know and love it. I'm excited about the Family feature because my Elderly parents are starting in early dementia stage and live 1200 miles away. I would like to be able to help them manage their passwords without having to use remote access directly to their computer every time. The problem is that they have a Windows 7 computer. I will not upgrade them to 10. They have enough problems navigating the current version of windows, I don't want them to have to deal with even the minor changes.

I'd like to get in on the Family special that ends tomorrow. But I need to know how to deal with the absence of Windows 7 support in Families. Is that coming? Can I get a copy of the non families version of 1PW for windows until Families works with Win7? And can I get this resolved before the Families discount offer expires?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• adavidow
    adavidow
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat. We use lots of devices, but at work, it's all Windows 7 all the time. What to do?

• cynmar
    cynmar
    Community Member
    Options

I am also dealing with the same issue, resolution?

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

Unofficial answer here but I've gathered this so far: You still have to sign up and pay now to get the bonuses, and can't let the account lapse. You can use web access on Windows or the new Win 10 app on Windows 10 and they are working on a Win 7/8/10 brand new app much more like Mac app (in many ways) but they had to start from scratch and it's taking a while. Likely several more months at least but no official timeline. But it is in development and coming at some point. Many more details and explanations available on the forums elsewhere. You get 3 months free ($10 bonus covers 2 months plus a 1 mo trial) even if you put a card in so you don't have to fully decide now, I think. I'm doing the annual plan which saves another $1/mo and you still get the full $10 credit. Unfortunate that there's still a wait (and nothing will prevent them from running a celebratory deal when the Win version comes out but that's pure speculation now) but it's the way it worked out. I'm happy enough to buy, and the Mac and iOS apps are great. Dealing with Dropbox and slow Win 7 app for a little longer. Builds patience :-)

• cynmar
    cynmar
    Community Member
    Options

Thnx!!

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @SJMvideo @adavidow and @cynmar! Thanks for asking about this. Windows 7 support is coming, but I don't have a timeline to share with you on when it will be here. dszp's post has some more info on what to do in the meantime if you'd like, and I really do hope we have something for you soon on the Windows side of things. :)

• SJMvideo
    SJMvideo
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thank you all. I think I'll jump in, but it would be really nice if there was a time limited Windows stand alone version that I could set my parents up with until the family plan includes Windows for real. It would be the "right thing to do."

• Jacob
    Options

@SJMvideo Right now all we have is a Windows 10 app. When we have more to share, we'll let you know. :) Keep an eye on our blog for updates.

This discussion has been closed.