I cannot run 1Password on my Mac since deleting a trial version and mini app.

TAS55
TAS55
Community Member

Hi. I have been a 1Password user for many years. I trialled a version 6 from your site but chose to buy from the Mac app store. It wouldn't load saying I had another copy not from the app store. I used an app to delete the trial version and it removed everything (it said). However, the Mac app store app won't load saying I still have other versions loaded. I removed files that I found, and the app store version loaded, attempting to link to the mini app, failed, and now nothing will work. there is obviously remnant files left over etc. Please help me clear out everything and laid again. My data is on Dropbox so I should be able to reload but am prepared to renter again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini

Comments

• Hi @TAS55,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Mac App Store version, but I'll try and help you get back up and running again.

Firstly, lets make sure we're starting from a semi-clean slate with regard to the two copies.

Deleting 1Password
    1. Delete any copies of 1Password.app and 1Password 6.app that you have on your computer by moving them to the trash and then emptying the trash.
    2. If it tells you that it can't delete them because they're running then Open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app
    3. In Activity Monitor.app, type 1Pass in the search field at the top right of the window, this should filter the list down to only 1Password
    4. If 1Password mini is listed, click on it and then click the icon in the top left of the window that looks like
    5. Tell it you want it to quit the application
    6. Now empty the trash again

Re-installing from the Mac App Store
    1. launch App Store.app
    2. click on the purchases button at the top of the window
    3. locate 1Password in the list and click download
    4. locate 1Password.app in your /Applications folder
    5. double click to launch

Let me know if this doesn't get you back to the point where you have a running copy of 1Password and we can look into further options.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.