my 1PWord6 fills in my login, but not my password.

Options

I don't understand "/applications" v. Home> applications. My Firefox "about:config" doesn't have a "network.websocket.enabled" line. I added 127.0.0.1 to Sophos "websites allowed."
Still no password entry.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os 10.10.3
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:my 1PWord6 fills in my login, but not my password.

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jlpwq. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. Can you help us by describing the problem in more detail? It sounds like you have the 1Password add-on in Firefox, but please double check the version at Tools > Add-ons and make sure you have at least version 4.5.5 there. If not, click the action button at the top of the window next to the search field and check for updates.

The next thing is to make sure that the add-on is connected to 1Password. If you click the 1Password button in Firefox, does the 1Password interface show up?

You mentioned that 1Password fills your login but not your password. Can you let us know more about this? Is this happening on every site or just a few? If it's just a few, could you let us know the URLs?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jlpwq
    jlpwq
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Jamie,
    I do not have the Firefox add-on. When I search Firefox add-ons for "1Passwod," there is a "1Passcanner" but nothing else related to 1Password. Where do I get the add-on.
    I tried all 13 of my 1Password sites; none filled in the password. Some sites, 1Password opens the page, but fills in neither the login box or the password [Social Security, Turbotax, Box and Dropbox, for example]. Several give me this message, "This domain is established to be used for illustrative examples in documents. You may use this domain in examples without prior coordination or asking for permission."
    Larry

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jlpwq. That would explain some things! First, example.com is a default URL that we used to use when creating a Login in the main 1Password application. I don't believe we use it anymore, but it is just a placeholder. That's what the message you saw on the page is about.

As for the Firefox add-on, you'll need to grab that from our website. Visit that link using Firefox and then follow the instructions to install the add-on and that should get things going for you.

Let us know how it goes!

• jlpwq
    jlpwq
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! Downloading Firefox add-on solved my problem, 1Password now fills in login and password. Many thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad we could help @jlpwq :smile:

This discussion has been closed.