Once I migrate to Family, should I only have Family and Team and not the Primary vault?

sybil_cooper
sybil_cooper
Community Member

I currently have three vaults - primary, Family, Team. When I migrate to the Family vault, will I then only have two vaults - Family and Team?

Sybil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin, kb:account-key, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• sybil_cooper
    sybil_cooper
    Community Member

Am I understanding the other threads in that with 1password Family, I will no longer need to sync via iCloud?

• Hi @sybil_cooper,

Ideally you would be able to delete the Primary vault after migrating your data to the Family/Team vaults, this is coming in a future update for 1Password for Mac. Yes, you would be reduced to the Family and Team vaults at that point.

You are correct about no longer needing to sync with iCloud when you're switched over to 1Password for Families. It replaces iCloud as a means of synchronizing your data across your devices.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rudy

• sybil_cooper
    sybil_cooper
    Community Member

I absolutely love 1Password and have no idea how I lived this long without it. Just when I am up and running you change things on me but I will adjust! No more iCloud sync (had just switched from Dropbox Sync). I am actually taking a course on how to secure ourselves online and she uses 1Password which is why we are all using it. The course creator will have to go back and redo her videos with this new information!

• Hi sybil_cooper,

Glad to hear it! Here's a tip for you: if you go into Preferences, and click All Vaults, you can choose which vaults appear under "All Vaults." So you can turn off the Primary vault and you'll never have to see it. Also, remember to set the "Vault for Saving" to be your new Personal vault.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• sybil_cooper
    sybil_cooper
    Community Member

Oh Kevin! Great tips! Thank you! I will pass this info along to my fellow classmates!

Sybil

• You're very welcome! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.