Why IPassword is not accepting my password on my MacBook anymore and it still works on my IPhone?

marlynnb
marlynnb
Community Member

I have been using this password for a long time therefore, I know it clearly. I haven't changed it. Plus, it still works on my IPhone. What happened? Is it because of your update? I have 1Password 6

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:Why IPassword is not accepting my password on my MacBook anymore and it still works on my IPhone?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marlynnb,

I’m sorry that you’re feeling frustrated by 1Password right now. An update shouldn’t have any effect on your Master Password.

If you enter the incorrect Master Password multiple times, you should see a hint appear. Is it the same hint as you see on your iPhone? I’m wondering if 1Password is somehow finding an old copy of your database.

• DavidGaliel
    DavidGaliel
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

I have the exact same situation. From one login to the next, a few minutes later, the master password stopped working on my Mac - not just in the browser, but when I try launching the main app as well.. It still works fine on my iphone. And, yes, the hint is the same, and I ran the diagnostic app as well.
    (El Capitan 10.11.3, 1Password 6.1).

• marlynnb
    marlynnb
    Community Member

I don't need this hint Megan; I know my password and didn't change it. Plus, it works on my IPhone...
    What do you mean? <<I’m wondering if 1Password is somehow finding an old copy of your database.>> What do I need to know about this?
    I also tried to launch the main app David and it didn't take my password either. Did you find a solution?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DavidGaliel & @marlynnb,

I think in both cases the wisest move would be for us to review a diagnostic report before we continue, see if anything obvious stands out.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• DavidGaliel
    DavidGaliel
    Community Member

I had already submitted a diagnostic report when I initially posted here, but hadn't yet heard back from support. When I did, the fix was simple: as many of us spoiled by OS X's stability tend to do, I hadn't rebooted my Mac in a very long while. Doing so solved the problem!

• marlynnb
    marlynnb
    Community Member

Yes, that's what I did too ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

When I did, the fix was simple: as many of us spoiled by OS X's stability tend to do, I hadn't rebooted my Mac in a very long while.

Oh man, I know the feeling! Granted, El Capitan has been an improvement in this regard for me, but we're still not quite back where we started, having to reboot almost never. I'm glad to hear that did the trick for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.