1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini

mthompitaly
mthompitaly
Community Member

Good Morning,
I am running el Capitan on a mid- 2012 macbook air. A couple of weeks ago, I started getting the error message about 1Password failing to connect to 1Password mini. Once I quit 1Password and re-start it it does open up and the mini icon appears in the menu bar.

I have tried restarting the computer (numerous times) and also the bash script on your website. When I run the terminal command, I get a message stating 'no such file', and then have troubles opening 1Password again the next time around.

I am not sure what to do next, and would appreciate any assistance you might be able to give.

Thank you.

Mike Thompson

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @mthompitaly,

I'm sorry that you're having this issue.

Most of the time this is due to a bug in Mac OS X when you have multiple copies of 1Password which are reachable on your computer. Do you think you could possibly have multiple copies due to backups or just in your downloads folder? I recommend you search your computer for 1Password and see if there are multiple copies of 1Password applications on your system. If you do, move all the excess copies to the trash and reboot your computer. Hopefully this will resolve your issues.

Hope this helps.

• mthompitaly
    mthompitaly
    Community Member

Thank you Nathan.

I think that has solved the issue.

Cheers

Mike

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @mthompitaly,

If it helped then we're happy :smile: If you run into any other issues at all please do contact us again so we can help.

This discussion has been closed.