Req: Ask user for document creation details

Options
Smudge
Smudge
Community Member

When I copied items from the local primary vault over to my new personal vault, any attachments were stripped from the item and a new document was created that contained the attachment. This is expected behavior.

However, the documents were created with minor details that are very annoying.

• The creation date and last modified date on all of the documents were set to now. This is a problem for when you want to sort the list based on dates.
  • The document entry name was set as "attachment name - item name". For example, in my Facebook login item, I had an attachment of the 2 Factor QR code image. That document is now named "Authenticator QR.png - Facebook" and when viewing all items, it is not sorted together with the other Facebook items.

Request that when converting attachments to documents, ask the user for their preference for

• Creation date: Set it to the same creation date as the item it was attached to or Now
  • Last Modified date: Set it to the same modified date as the item it was attached to or Now
  • Document name format: "item name - attachment name" or "attachment name - item name"

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @Smudge! Thanks for posting about this. The date issue is actually a bug, and it's something we're working on. We don't plan to add a notification for folks about what how Documents are different from attachments. Instead, we're hoping to improve the migration process so things don't change as much. I'm sorry for the confusion at the moment, though. We appreciate you poking us about it. :)

ref: OPM-3897, OPM-3805

This discussion has been closed.