Praise and Password Question

Options
jongilbertme
jongilbertme
Community Member

First, I think I'm quite happy with the Family plan. It's been a rather seamless move for me. Yes, it was a bit technically challenging to migrate, but I'm a bit techy myself so not a real bother there. You all have done a fantastic job of getting everything to work as seamlessly as possible. I'm sure a lot of overtime hours have been sacrificed to make us on the other side of the 1password world easier.

Next, I just want to say, for the billing, I appreciate the discounts for signing up early. I'm even happier now with the annual fee. Hopefully it will be enough to keep your pockets motivated to keep the service going yearly. :-)

Last, I changed my Master Password from within the Mac standalone app. Not under 'Teams', but under the Security tab. When I did that, somehow my iOS also caught up and is using the same password (which I like and prefer). But the web login did not change to that new password. (Obviously because I didn't change it under 'Teams'). Is this what we can expect ongoing into the future? I'd like to add my feedback that I actually prefer this. I'd love to keep my standalone apps with one master password and my 'teams/web login' password separate. I know, I'm not sounding like the best person for best practices, but I don't see myself logging into the web admin that often so I'd like to keep that one more secure. But my standalone apps... I like to have an easier to type pw because I'm getting into it often on my macbook. On the phone it's no issue since I use touch id.
So... on the iOS app, when I go into Settings and change the master password there, does that one change the master password for the web admin? I assume it doesn't, which, again, I'd rather it not, but I don't see an option for 'Teams' master password change like I do on the Mac app.

Anyway, is that how it is supposed to work? If so, my vote is to please don't change it.

Thanks!

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: El Cap
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jongilbertme

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and for the kind words & feedback. Yes, this is how things will work as long as you have a local vault (even if that local vault is empty). When in "Teams/Families-only mode" (coming soon) with no local vaults changing the Master Password will change it everywhere. But as long as you have a local vault you won't be in Teams/Families-only mode.

Ben

• jongilbertme
    jongilbertme
    Community Member
    Options

O, man, I haven't cleared my local vaults yet, that's why I see that. Thanks. Having a hard time letting them go.
    I guess that means I'll have to settle on '1' password if I want to truly work it in the correct way. :-)

• Jacob
    Options

@jongilbertme On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. And if you do want to remove the local vault, you can. Just make sure everything is out of there first and in your 1Password Account. Currently, the only way to activate Families-only mode is to reset your 1Password setup and sign in to your account from the start. We have a nice little tool to move your data automatically so you don't have to worry about backing it up manually (in case you have anything in there). You can download it here: http://com-agilebits-users.s3.amazonaws.com/jacob/Data-Reset-Utility-1Password-4-or-later.zip

Once you run that, launch 1Password and sign in to your account. Families-only mode will be enabled. :)

This discussion has been closed.