Give a team member a password

Options

Hi There—
My team is all using 1Password for storing their passwords. I now need to roll out to each team member a new password for our VPN. I'd (of course) prefer them to be able to generate and then save the passwords themselves; but the situation is such that I generate the password for them and provide it to them. I'd much prefer to be able to "save" the password for them in their own vault, so that I don't have to communicate it in an insecure fashion. Is it possible to "give a team member" a password without sharing it (I don't want the password, after the fact)?

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @michaeltsmith! At the moment, this isn't possible, but there's a workaround that you may find useful: Create a new vault called "Michael's Shared with You" or something like that, then put the item you want to share in that vault and add the member you want to share it with to the vault in the Admin Console. Ask them to copy it to their Personal vault, and once they have you can remove them from the vault and do the same thing again with another team member. :) I know it's a strange workaround, but we're still working on sharing individual items.

This discussion has been closed.