How do I import my existing vault into 1Password for Families?

Options
reisingerd
reisingerd
Community Member

I have 1Password desktop running Windows7 and just signed up for 1Password for families. How do I import my existing valut into Password for families? Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows7
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @reisingerd! Thanks for signing up for 1Password Families. The Windows 7 app is currently not supported for Families, actually. Do you have a Mac or iOS device, or are you planning to upgrade to Windows 10 anytime soon? Right now we have a Windows 10 app with Families capabilities and our Mac, Android, and iOS apps do as well, with capabilities to migrate things. If you don't, I'd suggest sticking with the Windows setup you have now and keeping an eye on our blog and newsletter for updates. We're hoping to get a pre-Windows 10 out soon. :)

• reisingerd
    reisingerd
    Community Member
    Options

I have a Mac. I exported my vault from Windows7 app and imported into my Mac. Now how do I get it into 1Password families? I also have 1Password running on my iPhone, if that helps.

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

@reisingerd
    Assuming you have a Families account - which I did: I copied (move is also an option) all my Items from my 1Password Mac Primary vault into my 1Password Families Personal vault.

In 1Password be sure you are in your Primary vault; select all the items you want to copy or move; in the Item menu choose the Families vault where you want to copy or move the items. That's all it took. Note that no folders are copied/moved because they don't exist in Families, and all attachments get put into new Documents items.

There's a 'how to' document in the 1Password site but I don't remember it's exact name.

• Jacob
    Options

@reisingerd Thanks for getting back to me. :) I agree with ozarkcanoer's comment, actually. That's a great way to start. Once again, here's our article on migrating things using the Mac app:

Migrate to a Family or Team account

We also just uploaded a short video to YouTube to help you move things over. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback on the guide/video.

This discussion has been closed.