1Password crash upon every single update...???

link266
link266
Community Member

Any idea why I would have to go through this dance every single time I update 1Password?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7482281/1Password Update Crash.mov
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7482281/1Password Update Crash.zip

Has happen for at least the last 3-4 updates. Happens on all 4 of my Macs (all the latest 10.11.4). MAS purchase. Would love to figure out why this happening as it's become a real pain every time Agilebits releases (admittedly awesome!) 1Password updates. ;)

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @link266,

I apologize for the trouble here! What you’re seeing is a result of the way that the App Store is quitting 1Password to perform the update. What happens is that the main app is closed, but mini remains running. Then, when the app re-launches, it runs into a conflict because the mini that is running isn’t the correct one.

Right now, the best thing to do is use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to fully quit 1Password before running the update. We’ll see if we can find a better solution here! :)

• link266
    link266
    Community Member

Thanks for the info! Is there a way to add a link explaining this to the progress bar box? (see attached image) Seems like that would be really helpful to users who have no idea why this is happening. FWIW I put off posting about this here for months and I'm sure many other users are wondering what's going on as well.

• link266
    link266
    Community Member

Attached properly now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah yep. I'm not sure exactly when and why this started, but it's been a while. Now every App Store update for an app that's running requires multiple restarts (since I guess the update doesn't finish before it's relaunched). I think it's a bit difficult to say anything specific there, since there are multiple possible causes, but we'll see what we can come up with! :)

This discussion has been closed.