Kicked out when unlocking item in vault

bethkor
bethkor
Community Member

I am able to sign in using my password BUT when I go to unlock and item in my vault so that I can reveal the password I am getting kicked back to the initial screen asking for my password for the app. It is a loop i can't get out of. Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@bethkor it's impossible to diagnose problems like this without some basic information about your setup. Please tell us:

Stephen

• bethkor
    bethkor
    Community Member

Hi Stephen, I'm using password6 on El Capitan. It was working fine a few days ago and for no apparent reason it went wonky.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bethkor: Indeed, and please let us know the exact steps you're taking when you encounter this issue. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• bethkor
    bethkor
    Community Member

I use my password to sign in. I click on an item in my vault. I click the lock in the upper right hand corner so that I can reveal my password for that website. I get kicked out to the original master password screen. Rinse and repeat! I'm not sure why this started happening all of a sudden.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@bethkor Clicking that lock icon in the upper right locks 1Password. If you want to conceal/reveal your passwords, just hit Command-Control-P. HTH

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@vplewis: Indeed, and you can also hold down the Option key if you just want to reveal the password temporarily. I hope this helps! :)

• bethkor
    bethkor
    Community Member

Thanks! That option command works great. I didn't have this problem with the older versions and had no idea of this easy solution.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! I'm glad that helped. It sound like you should be all set, but be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.