Having trouble signing in on new computer. Works fine in iPhone.

cgoldrich
cgoldrich
Community Member

My old mac died... I am on a new mac 10.11.4. I loaded the extension on safari but when i press it I get the attached.
Then when I try to sign in it asks for email and Key. I don't know which email I used and don't know my key.
I don't know if I have the Team version - but I don't think so. And I believe i sync thru drop box but not sure.
Good news is it is still working on my iPhone. But now that i am relying on that more.. i have questions on that - but i will put that as a separate question ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/sync-with-icloud, kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin, kb:account-key, kb:teams-admin-recovery, kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cgoldrich,

I'm sorry to hear your old Mac died! The problem is that you only installed the browser extension, not the full app! The extension needs to communicate with the full app to be able to access your data, it can't do it on its own. You can download the app here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

You don't have a 1Password Teams account, so you don't have an Account Key. However, you do need to add your license. You can get it sent back to you here: https://agilebits.com/store/licenses. You need to know what email you used to purchase 1Password originally, I think you can try to look in your different email accounts and see if you have anything from AgileBits, in any of them.

I hope this helped you and that you get restored to full usability soon! :chuffed:

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cgoldrich,

Please let me know if Pilar’s response helped you!

I took a look in our back office records and it seems that you have a license for 1Password 3. Since you mention not remembering your license key, I’ll resend your details to the email address you have listed in your forum profile.

Please note that your license for 1Password 3 will not work in newer versions of the app. The upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade, so you’ll need to update your license if you would like to use the latest version of 1Password. You can do that on our upgrade page, where you’ll get a nice discount for being an existing 1Password user.

The latest version of 1Password has some fantastic new features including support for multiple vaults (which will let you selectively share data with family and coworkers), and a complete redesign. It is built to work with the features of the latest operating system, so it will operate more smoothly in OS X 10.10 and OS X 10.11 than 1Password 3. Of course I’m biased, but I highly recommend that you check out the latest version of 1Password.

If you have further questions, we’re here to help!

ref: 536553

This discussion has been closed.