1Password online for one person

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

As i've commented a few times on this forum, my family does not seem to be interested in using 1Password or any other form of password management. I've been using 1Password for quite a while now and I love the idea of having access to my vault online when I don't have an app handy.

I don't feel I would be getting all the value out of a teams/families account as I would be the only person using it. Do you have an offering that provided the online benefits to just a single user? I really would like all those benefits but my family just are not interested. :-(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @rctneil! We've discussed this a few times around the forums, and at the moment the conclusion is that we're working on completing 1Password for Teams and getting that out the door. My recent post in this thread has a few more thoughts on the topic of different plans. In the meantime, feel free to keep using the 1Password apps. I do hope we'll have something better for your setup soon, but I can't promise anything. ;)

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@penderworth Ok, Well please add my +1 on this. Having the online access benefit also came up in a conversation this morning where I was telling someone that they should always keep a copy of their phones IMEI number safe and secure and 1Password would be a good place to do so.

I said to them before they stored their IMEI: "If your phone gets stolen and you go to the police and they ask you for your devices IMEI, could you give it to them?". I then fell into my own trap as I thought, if my phone gets stolen and my IMEI is stored in 1Password on that phone then I too would not be able to give them the number. If I had access to 1Password online then it would have not been an issue.

Thanks.

• Jacob
    Options

@rctneil You got it, mate! :+1: added. As for IMEI's, I've never actually stored them anywhere. That's a great idea. I'll have to start using your technique. :tongue: I'd highly recommend syncing your 1Password data, which I'm sure you do, and just having it on another device in case your phone does get stolen. And if your device is sadly stolen, we have a knowledge base article for that.

ref: B5-1427

This discussion has been closed.