I am running 1Password 4.05 but when I open the application, I get an error that says it is corrupt

kate_miles
kate_miles
Community Member

When I go to the App store, it says there is an update, but it just goes to "waiting" and never changes. If I try to download a new copy, I will be charged for the new copy. Also, I originally purchased the version for Mac and Windows. Can I update to the Mac only version?

1Password Version: 4.5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:export

Comments

• kate_miles
    kate_miles
    Community Member

It is 10 am Chicago time. Will be on conference call until about noon Chicago time.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @kate_miles,

So I can't comment too strongly about the Mac App Store because we can't see any details there. What I can say is you have definitely purchased 1Password from our AgileBits Store but that is a very separate store from the Mac App Store and a purchase in our AgileBits Store doesn't allow access to the copy in the Mac App Store.

What I would recommend doing is trying the following.

1. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    2. Reboot your Mac.
    3. Download 1Password again from our AgileBits Download page.

This should result in you now running 1Password 6 for Mac, which you're entitled to (we haven't charged for an update since 1Password 4 for Mac) and if you were running the AgileBits Store version of 1Password before it will pick up exactly where it left off. If it turns out you've been running both the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store and you start seeing a version of your vault that is old or you can't access it at all then we can resolve that by clearing away the old data but let's see if we need to go down that path first before detailing all the steps.

Assuming you've just been running the AgileBits Store version that deleting the old copy and downloading a fresh one will allow you t pick up where you left off :smile:

• kate_miles
    kate_miles
    Community Member

Thanks. Problem solved on Mac. But now 1Password has disappeared from my iPhone 5

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kate_miles,

I’m glad to hear that 1Password is up and running on your Mac. It’s strange that you can’t find it on your iPhone though. If you use the Search feature in iOS, does it show you the app?

If your data is synced to Dropbox, you can always reinstall the app from the iOS App Store - it’s a free download. :)

This discussion has been closed.