aking123
aking123
Community Member

how do i stop 1password prompting me every time i try to log in to a site

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do i stop 1password prompting me every time i try to log in to a site

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aking123,

I’m sorry that you’re finding that prompt annoying. Personally, I love it when 1Password offers to save things for me. But the good news is, it’s simple to disable.

In 1Password’s Preferences, select the Browsers tab and uncheck the option to “Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them."

• aking123
    aking123
    Community Member

I unchecked "Automatically ask to save new Logins" which seems to work. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aking123,

I’m glad I could help!

We’re here if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

• OldEars
    OldEars
    Community Member

I have a related issue - there is a particular website that asks for a PIN code which I absolutely don't want 1Password to know (or anyone else for that matter). I do like that 1Password asks to remember passwords, and that's why I have loads of passwords in my Login list, but I want to turn it off for just this one, without suppressing the prompts for all other sites. Ideally 1Password would notice that I've declined to save the password n times (3 would be a good number), but being able to eliminate a site from this prompt would be great even if I had to do it manually.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@OldEars: There are two ways to do this:

1. Click the 'gear' icon in the lower left corner of the autosave window and select Never the next time you're prompted.
    2. Add the domain to the exception list in 1Password Preferences > Browsers

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.