Want feature to do BACK to an item that has an associated attached Document.

Options
ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Community Member

Populated new Families Personal vault with all the items from my old Primary vault. Now if I select (as an example) a Software License item and click on the attached invoice pdf, 1Password takes me to the correct Document item but there's no link to let me go BACK to the License item that I came from.

A missing UI feature that's a nuisance.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:Feature Request: Want BACK action to an item that has an attached document.

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @ozarkcanoer! That's an interesting suggestion. There's not currently a "back to" function anywhere else in the Mac app, but I imagine it would be along the same lines as how you got to the linked Document in the first place. Would it be helpful to have a similar Item is linked to button at the bottom of the Document? :)

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth

A 'Item is linked to' would be better labeled as 'Document is linked to' or '... referenced by' button at the bottom, but that is fine and desirable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In your case that would work, but given that any items in a 1Password Families vault can be linked to each other, we don't want to exclude all the non-Documents items. ;)

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

If that is the case "any item in a Families vault can be linked to each other," then I agree. I'll have to review my vault to see what items other than Documents that are linked to other items and how a link is created.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

You can always add a "Linked by" in the target file when you add a "Link to" reference .. Kind of automated who am I linked by.

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member
    Options

@rr0ss0rr Didn't know that. Just added links to bank debit card and bank login to bank account info item. Nice

• Jacob
    Options

Ah, great tip @rr0ss0rr! :+1:

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

It would be nice if this was done atomagically ;-)

• Ben
    Options

We appreciate the suggestion, @rr0ss0rr :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.