1password mini keeps crashing

tenjin
tenjin
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

Hi,

Running 10.11.4

1Password Mac keeps failing to connect to 1Password Mini. This is happening on my iMac 5K and MBP-R. Please note though, it doesn't happen all the time.

1PasswordMini seems to be the culprit: if I kill the 1passwordmini process it auto-restarts and everything is fine.

I haven't seen a pattern to this, but if I had to guess I would say it is related to sleep?

Have you seen this problem before, and is there a known fix?

Thanks

Darren.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1passwordmini crashes

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @tenjin,

Do you happen to use any antivirus software? I seem to vaguely remember hearing that we had issues after a Mac leaving sleep mode and it turned out to be some weird interaction between a very specific antivirus application and 1Password mini. I'm just wondering if this is a possibility or if we will want to ask you for a diagnostic report :smile:

• tenjin
    tenjin
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes, I run Intego Virus Barrier, version 10.8.7 (376).

I've been running that for years though alongside 1Password, and never had a problem before now.

Regards

Darren.

• Hi @tenjin,

Hrmmm.... the next time you hit this, can you create a Diagnostics Report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com? Include a link to this forum thread so that we can connect the dots. You should receive a support ticket id nearly immediately from our support system. If you can post that to this forum thread, that would help us bounce between the two systems.

Thanks

Rick

• Oh... I should add... does this happen frequently, or only after updates to the app via the Mac App Store? We have a known issue where when the Mac App Store updates our app we hit an issue that resembles this. We're still trying to figure out the best way to work around that issue. The workaround for that is to do as you say, kill mini and have it relaunch itself.

Rick

• tenjin
    tenjin
    Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Have there been many MAS updates to 1Password over the past, say, couple of months? I haven't had the problem for several days now, and I noticed I installed an update around 16th April. Other than that I can recall seeing a pattern around MAS updates.

In any event, it seems to work for a while, then keep crashing, then I get a while where it's okay.

I run Cocktail every now and again, including clearing out caches, I'm wondering if doing so sorts out the problem temporarily, which then degrades over time back to the failure?

Regards

Darren.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Darren ( @tenjin ),

Well, version 6.1 for Mac was released on March 1st, 6.2 came out on April 4, and 6.2.1 followed roughly a week later, so I wouldn’t say that we’ve had many updates. If you’re seeing it more frequently than this, we should probably take a peek at a Diagnostics Report, as Rick suggested.

Please send us a Diagnostics Report the next time 1Password crashes and we’ll get to the bottom of this. :)

This discussion has been closed.