I just purchased a new macbook pro. I have my license code/key from my purchase in 11/09.

jvo2000
jvo2000
Community Member

I go to add license, but I get directed to my folder menu to find a file. No place to just enter the license code. What's the easiest way for me to get current 1password account I'm using on my other MacBooks to work on my new one?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer-wi-fi, ug:mac/new-computer-elsewhere, kb:faq, ug:mac/, kb:faq

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jvo2000,

I assume you are running OS X 10.11 AKA El Capitan. If you are, which seems very likely, you will need to purchase a new licence for 1Password. The licence you have is for 1Password 3 for Mac and while it is available for download we haven't worked on that version since Mountain Lion. Enough has changed in OS X since then that 1Password 3 for Mac just doesn't work very well at all. If you're lucky fields will simply not show you the contents when you're editing an item, if you're unlucky the application will repeatedly crash. It's simply age I'm afraid. We talk a bit about this in the thread 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X.

Really the only viable option open to you is to use your existing 1Password 3 for Mac licence key to obtain a new licence for 1Password 6 for Mac at a discounted price. You can do so by visiting this page Upgrades for Existing Licence Owners and entering your licence key here.

If you have any questions please do ask.

This discussion has been closed.