Did a fresh install of EL Capitan and now 1password will not work or accept backup file...any ideas?

ONEIL
ONEIL
Community Member

I had to completely delete and restore my OS to 10.11.4 (El Capitan). I have iPassword on my laptop and it was synced to iCloud. I tried making the sync to dropbox but still no luck.

I cannot reinstall iPassword onto the Mac Pro and get it to sync up or accept the backup I made before deleting the previous OS.. I get the iPassword mini startup and it won't finish. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox or iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @ONEIL,

If I've understood correctly you have two machines and a working copy of 1Password on one of them so no matter what, I can't see how we can't get it running on the other one, all we need to do is figure out what is gumming up the works :smile:

We have a page titled Sync existing iCloud data. I'm linking you not so much because I think you don't know how to but because it will help act as a reference while we discuss where the issue lies. Can you tell us at what stage you can get to before things start diverging from the expected behaviour and what happens on your Mac Pro. This will help us understand where the issue may be and we'll take it from there.

• ONEIL
    ONEIL
    Community Member

You're correct...I have 2 machines. A laptop and the Mac Pro desk unit. Both are running El Capitan. I have only one vault-the Primary.
    On my laptop I have synced with iCloud - In iCloud I can see the 1Password mini in the iCloud Drive on the laptop.

On my desk computer I cannot see the 1password in my iCloud Drive. For whatever reason it's not there and it theoretically should be.

• ONEIL
    ONEIL
    Community Member

Good news...I played around a bit and re-installed all apps for consistency. On the Desktop Mac It allowed me for the first time to sign into iCloud. Everything has been restored.

Thanks for your assistance.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @ONEIL,

Well I'm glad you managed to get things going, mostly by perseverance by the sounds of it. Certainly if you couldn't see 1Password data when viewing the contents of your iCloud account that would cause problems in setting up 1Password on the fresh install of OS X. Hopefully we can put this down to the blips you occasionally get when getting a fresh install back to working order. If you run into any other issues please don't hesitate to contact us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.