I am considering how to best share passwords with my wife

Options
lubman303
lubman303
Community Member
edited April 2016 in iOS

I want to set up my wife with 1password. I see 1password for families but we are both Apple users on the same wifi network.
That might work. I do not have my own files set up into multiple vaults and am not sure how to do that. I currently sync my devices with Dropbox. How do I start to build multiple vaults? Could I also setup and export one or more vaults to a new Dropbox account for my wife? I am tech savvy but not sure which way to go.
Thank you
David

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:share-vault, kb:faq, kb:sync-options, ug:mac/sync-folder

Comments

• JWeaver
    JWeaver
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @lubman303

First you'll need the desktop version of 1Password for Mac or Windows to create additional vaults. You mention that both you and your wife are Mac users so here's a link to the appropriate section of the knowledgebase on multiple vaults.

You can then share those vaults, via your existing Dropbox account, with both the desktop 1Password for Mac and mobile 1Password for iOS versions on all of your devices.

• Ben
    Options

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. As you may have seen we've developed the 1Password for Families service specifically to address this need. It makes having your data available on all of your devices, and (optionally) sharing some or all of that data very easy.

As JWeaver pointed out this is also possible using the standalone apps, but I really think you'll find 1Password for Families makes the process much easier and convenient. It is free to create an account and try it out, so I'd highly recommend doing so.

If you decide it isn't for you, then the instructions JWeaver provided should help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.