Mac and iPhone synced on install, won't sync anything new

phirenze
phirenze
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

A few weeks ago I installed 1P on my mother's iPhone. She put in a few entries since that time and this weekend she was visiting again (lives in a different state). This time she got 1P for her Mac and when we installed and set it to iCloud sync, all of the passwords from her phone came in to the Mac.

But when she added a new password manually on her phone, it would not sync to the Mac. And when she logged in to a website on her Mac and it created a 1P entry, it didn't sync to her phone.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, checking the iCloud accounts, turning off and turning back on iCloud sync, etc. Everything checked out but I cannot get them to sync new entries. And of course the weird part is that when I installed or even after I erased the sync on the Mac and re-added iCloud, each time it brought in the original passwords but none of the new ones.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening? She's left town now so I will have to try to deal with this remotely, which certainly won't be easy as she is not super tech savvy. :p

Comments

• Hi @phirenze ,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue. Is it possible that she switched to a different AppleID on her iPhone since installing 1Password the first time? A different AppleID would explain why none of the new passwords are showing up.

Also, if you can screenshare to her Mac, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from her Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to see if the sync is completing or if there are any errors. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.