Copying keychain to Android phone - but not all logins available on phone

Options
JBPO
JBPO
Community Member

Since there is still no sync available on Android after all those years (still collecting those important "votes" on the forums presumably..), I work around this by copying to key chain folder to my phone. A part of my logins however is not available on the phone through the app. I'm fairly sure the whole content is copied. Anyone came across the same or found a solution? Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: manually copying files to phone
Referrer: forum-search:not all logins on android phone

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @JBPO. Thanks for getting in touch with us today. :)

There absolutely is sync available on Android. 1Password for Android has built-in support for syncing using Dropbox, Wi-Fi, and local storage. In fact, it sounds like you've configured 1Password to sync using local storage.

Are you copying your .agilekeychain folder directly from your Windows computer onto your Android's local storage using a USB cable? If so, can you confirm that you're copying the entire folder and not just its contents? Do you see all of you Logins on your Windows device?

• JBPO
    JBPO
    Community Member
    Options

Hi peri, yes, I'm copying my .agilekeychain folder directly from my Windows computer onto my Android's local storage using a USB cable. I am copying the entire folder (just wiped the existing folder to be sure before copying anew). Less than 10% of my Logins appear on my Android device, while none re missing on Windows. I don't have dropbox, and haven't understood yet how to use wifi for syncing.

• saad
    edited April 2016
    Options

@JBPO In that case, let’s set up Wi-Fi sync because it will save you some time every time you need to sync your Android device. It is fairly simple to configure. First you will need to reinstall 1Password for Android, and then follow these instructions:

1. Start sync server on 1Password for Windows

2. Configure Wi-Fi sync with 1Password for Android

Let me know if you are able to get it working! Thanks.

• JBPO
    JBPO
    Community Member
    Options

Great, that has worked perfectly. Thanks! Turned out my Android app version was old and hadn't updated, so I couldn't find the Wifi sync option. All solved now

• saad
    Options

@JBPO Awesome! Glad to hear you have updated to the latest version of 1Password for Android and Wi-Fi sync is working for you. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.