1Password damaged won't open.

jane_devon
jane_devon
Community Member

Since the recent update on 8th April when I try and open 1Password I get this message...“1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store.
How do I download again without buying a new App? Is there any way to get my saved Passwords back? I do have a back up drive for my Mac but not sure if I could use it to restore data on this application as it is apparently corrupted. I don't know what version of 1Password I have as I can't open it to check but I always instal latest updates.
I have the App on my iPad also and that is Version 6.3.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacBook Pro 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jane_devon,

First of all, let me reassure you that your data is safe, and in no risk of being lost! Even if you delete the app, the folder with your stored data will remain on your computer, and 1Password will find it once it's fixed.

You should delete the 1Password app and find it on the App Store. Given that you've already bought it, you should be able to click on "Install". The app should not show any price whatsoever. All your data will be there!

I hope this helps you! :chuffed:

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jane_devon,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

As Pilar mentioned, you can certainly install 1Password again without paying for it twice. Move the current copy of 1Password from the Applications folder to the trash.

Then, if you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you can reinstall it by opening the App Store app then finding 1Password on the Purchased tab.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

• jane_devon
    jane_devon
    Community Member

Thank you Pilar and Khad. I'm away from my laptop for a few days so will try that later.. Fingers crossed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jane_devon,

Our fingers are crossed here too! Please let us know how it goes. :)

• jane_devon
    jane_devon
    Community Member

So... I have deleted 1Password but when I go to the App Store to download again I am still asked for £49.99..

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jane_devon,

Are you sure you're signed into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID you used when you originally purchased 1Password for Mac? If so, you should find 1Password listed in the Purchased section of the Mac App Store, and you can install it from there. If you can't find 1Password in your list of purchased Mac apps, do you see your other purchased apps there?

• jane_devon
    jane_devon
    Community Member

OK.. all seems fine now, I have installed again from Purchased. Didn't think of going there. One would have thought the App Store would be clever enough to know I'd already purchased it!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jane_devon,

I share your frustration about the AppStore issues. I'm very happy to hear that everything has been sorted out! If there's anything else we can do for you we're always here to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.